does this cable work with TvCatchup app?
I would like to buy this cable to watch my favorite series on my tv. Is it possible to connect my ipad 2 to the tv with this cable and watch series on the tv?
- Asked by Beata B
- Flag as inappropriate (does this cable work with TvCatchup app?)
1 Answer from the Community
Hi, yes, I can confirm that the dock connector to VGA cable does work with the TV Catchup app. I've just bought this cable, and tried it with my iPad 3rd generation connected to a 4 to 5 year old Sony Bravia tv. I tried it on about a dozen channels and all were fine.
A quick advisory though, be aware that the first time you connect this type of cable, lots of people seem to get the 'this accessory is not supported' message. I got this too but then after re-connecting it has been fine ever since on multiple disconnects and reconnects, so don't be put off. Not promising that you won't have a problem but mine has worked out just fine.
One other thing to be aware of is that you can't use it to watch iTunes movies that are protected. If your tv series is on tv catchup then you're fine.
- Answered by Andrew B from London
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
which apps and programs work with apple remote
- Asked by John W from Ancona
- Mar 5, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (which apps and programs work with apple remote)
- Asked about: Apple Remote
No answers yet
Does it work with VR Apps?
- Asked by Nancy H from Harvard
- Jul 23, 2017
- Flag as inappropriate (Does it work with VR Apps?)
- Asked about: SteelSeries Nimbus Wireless Gaming …
No answers yet
can you download thru the cable
- Asked by Kristina R from Knoxville
- Jan 6, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (can you download thru the cable)
- Asked about: Apple 30-pin to USB Cable