Wich cable can I use for my ipad to watch movies if my TV dosen't have VGA connection
- Asked by fn from Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Flag as inappropriate (Wich cable can I use for my ipad to watch movies if my TV dosen't have VGA connection)
1 Answer from the Community
You will need to purchase Apple's Composite Video Cable (not to be confused with the component cable which is an older technology developed for earlier iPhones and iPods) which is compatible with the iPad. This cable is capable of outputting high definition video and sound to your television.
How the composite cable works:
First, plug the power adapter into an outlet which will provide constant power to your iPad while viewing videos.
Second, plug the RCA plugs into your tv...yellow to video and red and white to sound.
Third, change your tv's input to use the correct set of RCA inputs...my tv uses the AV input when I plug them into the back of my tv for example.
Finally, plug the Apple "Dock" cable into your iPad. This will provide power to your device and serve as the output to your tv through the RCA cables you plugged into your tv. Now you just play your movie or music!
- Answered by Phillip C from Ogden
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Can I use this cable to watch YouTube on my iPad and connect to tv?
- Asked by Josh C from Little Neck
- Dec 9, 2017
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use this cable to watch YouTube on my iPad and connect to tv?)
- Asked about: Lightning Digital AV Adapter
Can I use this cable to watch Apple TV in my iMac?
- Asked by Adan A from Houston
- Mar 26, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use this cable to watch Apple TV in my iMac?)
- Asked about: Moshi Mini DisplayPort to HDMI Adap…