can i format mac and instal windows?
instal windows on an iMac
- Asked by Sik K
- Flag as inappropriate (can i format mac and instal windows?)
1 Answer from the Community
You have two methods to install Windows:
1) Use Apple's Boot Camp which, after Windows is installed, will start up your iMac as either a Mac OS or as a Windows OS. To install Boot Camp, run the Boot Camp Assistant application that comes with Snow Leopard (found inside utilities in applications).
2) Use a program such as VM Fusion (VMWare), or, Parallels. These programs will run Windows inside a window on your Mac. Using these programs you can run windows and mac applications side by side.
Of course, you will need to supply your own Windows CD for any of the above methods.
- Answered by Ewald W from Vancouver
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Is this compatible with Windows operating system?
- Asked by Pradeep Kumar S from Kingsville
- Feb 17, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (Is this compatible with Windows operating system?)
- Asked about: HORIPAD ULTIMATE Wireless Game Cont…
Can you install Windows 8 from the installation cd with superdrive?
- Asked by Kimberly C from Coweta
- Mar 19, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you install Windows 8 from the installation cd with superdrive?)
- Asked about: Apple USB SuperDrive
Does this come formatted for Mac?
- Asked by Susan D from Santa Rosa
- Jun 28, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this come formatted for Mac?)
- Asked about: LaCie 4TB Rugged RAID Thunderbolt/U…
No answers yet