can you install up to 16 gig ram with it or is that just a myth?
2 Answers from the Community
The maximum RAM for a Macintosh has always depended on the machine model, not the OS.
Whether or not the OS will use all or part of the installed RAM will depend on again, the machine and the OS installed.
- Answered by Michael S from Anchorage
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
It depends on how many memory slots in the model of Mac. Mac Pros may be configured with 32 GB, but MacBook pros are limited to 8. Look at the tech specs of the model, or select one in the store and see how much memory you can add. Mac should be capable of using more.
- Answered by John M from Madison
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
can I upgrade to 16GB of ram with a mid 2012 macbook pro?
- Asked by John B from Mcchord
- Jun 3, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (can I upgrade to 16GB of ram with a mid 2012 macbook pro?)
- Asked about: Apple Memory Module 16GB 1866MHz DD…
Do you have to use both at the same time or can I just use one at a time?
- Asked by Christopher L from Los Angeles
- Sep 7, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (Do you have to use both at the same time or can I just use one at a time?)
- Asked about: AirPods
will it work with 64 gig sd card?
- Asked by Robert S from Vancouver
- Jan 1, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (will it work with 64 gig sd card?)
- Asked about: Lightning to SD Card Camera Reader
No answers yet