How to download app store and do i need snow leopard?
I asked a worker in the apple store today what is the best way to create a website and he said i would be able to download the app store and then use rapidweaver but do i have to buy snow leopard first? and he said no price would be included apart from the £30 for rapidweaver. i have a Macbook?
2 Answers from the Community
You will need Snow Leopard and it will need to be upgraded to the current version that contains the AppStore (i.e. the first version of Snow Leopard, 10.6.1 won't do -- you will need to update to 10.6.6 or later. So after you install Snow Leopard, be sure to upgrade it. Then purchases Lion from the AppStore and install from the downloaded file.
Note, though that many older programs that did run on Snow Leopard under Rosetta are no longer supported under Lion, so if you have an older machine and older programs (many games and older specialized programs have not been upgraded), then it may not be wise to upgrade to Lion (or if you do, install it on an additional partition, if this is possible, rather than wiping out Snow Leopard). Many people, myself included, greatly dislike the changes to the OS that have come into Lion from IOS system designed for the iPhone/iPad/iPod, so look before you leap.
- Answered by Peter C from Newton
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
I will answer your questions in reverse of the order they are presented. Yes you need Snow leopard to download the App Store. If you do not have it on your Mac already, you must purchase it. I don't know the cost in pounds sterling, its $29.00 US. Once you have the new OS installed, update it, and you should see the APP store when you click the Apple icon.
- Answered by Thomas L from West Babylon
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Can Apple Pencil for iPad Pro use on iPad Air?? I downloaded a drawing app from App Store for my iPad Air, and I am looking for a good ipencil.
- Asked by Irene S from Oakville
- Mar 8, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (Can Apple Pencil for iPad Pro use on iPad Air?? I downloaded a drawing app from App Store for my iPad Air, and I am looking for a good ipencil.)
- Asked about: Apple Pencil for iPad Pro
Does my iPhone 4S need a sim to access the internet?
- Asked by Simon M
- Jun 7, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (Does my iPhone 4S need a sim to access the internet?)
- Asked about: iPhone
Is a Maverick or Yosemite download available now if I never downloaded it in my AppStore?
- Asked by James T from Geneva
- Oct 22, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (Is a Maverick or Yosemite download available now if I never downloaded it in my AppStore?)
- Asked about: OS X Lion (10.7)