I have OS X 10.5.8 with a PowerPC processor. Is there anything I can upgrade to such as 10.6 or 10.7?
6 Answers from the Community
Beginning with OS 10.6, the PowerPC processor is not supported.
An Intel processor must be used.
- Answered by Ewald W from Vancouve
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
No .. 10.6 and up require an Intel processor.
- Answered by Tm P from Charlotte
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
No, the version of OS X you have is the most up to date version that will run on a Mac with a PowerPC processor.
- Answered by Robert T from Chatham
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
10.5.8 is the latest OS for Powerbooks and PowerMacs.
Snow Leopard or later does not work on these models.
- Answered by Brian S B from Los Angeles
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 4
I am in the same boat. My Mac OS X 10.5.8 with a Power PC Processor too, Like to upgrade to OS X Mavericks. Can,t do.
- Answered by Bob T from Etobicoke
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 5
Lynne - as its been said the answer is no - suggestion make a donation of this system to a worthwhile charity and then get a new Mac - you will be satisfied that you donated your hardware and happy with the new computer.
- Answered by John A from Santa Clara
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 6
Will this keyboard work with a power pc running OSX 10.5.8?
- Asked by Martin B
- Dec 30, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this keyboard work with a power pc running OSX 10.5.8?)
- Asked about: Apple Keyboard with Numeric Keypad …
will OS X Lion 10.7 support iCloud?
- Asked by Barbara N from Dallas
- Feb 2, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (will OS X Lion 10.7 support iCloud?)
- Asked about: OS X Lion (10.7)