I reinstalled os-x 10.6 snow leopard and it eats up around 7GB of diskspace; can I optimize it further?
OS-X was preinstalled and took about 10GB of diskspace so I reinstalled and was left with around 7GB. But I didn't have the choice to remove the printer drivers e.g. I remember that I had the chance to do so when I didn't erased the whole harddrive.
I remember that the printer drivers needed around 800MB and as I have the driver for my printer here I don't need support for 100 other printers :).
But how can I delete the printer drivers?
And what else can I do?
1 Answer from the Community
I think you need to backup all of your files and reinstall 10.6 Snow Leopard!
Than you have the chance to reinstall your printer driver.
- Answered by William P from Muswellbrook
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
will OS X Lion 10.7 support iCloud?
- Asked by Barbara N from Dallas
- Feb 2, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (will OS X Lion 10.7 support iCloud?)
- Asked about: OS X Lion (10.7)
what adaptor would work with a video projector for a MacBook running Mac OS 10.6.8?
- Asked by Mona L from Oradell
- Sep 23, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (what adaptor would work with a video projector for a MacBook running Mac OS 10.6.8?)
- Asked about: Apple Thunderbolt to FireWire Adapt…
Does this work with garageband 3.0.5 or will I need a later version?
- Asked by Jeffrey S
- May 24, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this work with garageband 3.0.5 or will I need a later version?)
- Asked about: Apogee JAM Guitar Input