I'm confused. Have a Mac OS X 10.5.8. want to upgrade to 10.6 BUT it says I have to running Leopard. I don't see that anywhere on my MAC
I am not very computer software savvy - so how do I know if I even have the basic Leopard or Lion or whatever animal it is that you need to even begin to upgrade to 10/6 or better?
1 Answer from the Community
You do have Leopard.
Apple has codenames for their Operating System. "Leopard" is the codename for "OS 10.5".
"OS 10.5.8" means that you have the 8th update to OS 10.5.
Other OS X codenames are as follows:
Public Beta: "Kodiak"
OS 10.0: "Cheetah"
OS 10.1: "Puma"
OS 10.2: "Jaguar"
OS 10.3: "Panther"
OS 10.4: "Tiger"
OS 10.5: "Leopard"
OS 10.6: "Snow Leopard"
OS 10.7: "Lion"
OS 10.8: "Mountain Lion"
- Answered by Ewald W from Vancouve
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Will this keyboard work with a power pc running OSX 10.5.8?
- Asked by Martin B
- Dec 30, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this keyboard work with a power pc running OSX 10.5.8?)
- Asked about: Apple Keyboard with Numeric Keypad …
I'm still on Snow Leopard OS on my Mac and want to use this new Time Capsule to do a full backup BEFORE upgrading to Mountain Lion OS X. Can I do it?
- Asked by N.a. L
- Jun 12, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (I'm still on Snow Leopard OS on my Mac and want to use this new Time Capsule to do a full backup BEFORE upgrading to Mountain Lion OS X. Can I do it?)
- Asked about: AirPort Time Capsule - 3TB