Mac Pro Mountain Lion compatible?
Can I upgrade my Mac Pro (OS=Snow Leopard 10.6.8) to Mountain Lion?
I don't see anywhere in the About This Mac that would indicate approximate year of construction to illustrate the "early vs. Late" year of construction the "How To Upgrade" web page advisory indicates (i.e. Mac Pro (Early 2008 or newer))
Here's the basic data from the About This Mac
Model Name: Mac Pro
Model Identifier: MacPro1,1
Processor Name: Dual-Core Intel Xeon
Processor Speed: 2.66 GHz
Number Of Processors: 2
Total Number Of Cores: 4
L2 Cache (per processor): 4 MB
Memory: 5 GB
Bus Speed: 1.33 GHz
Boot ROM Version: MP11.005C.B08
SMC Version (system): 1.7f10
Serial Number (system): G87303C7UQ2
Hardware UUID: 00000000-0000-1000-8000-0017F20C3B64
- Asked by Jae A from Palo Alto
- Flag as inappropriate (Mac Pro Mountain Lion compatible?)
1 Answer from the Community
No, your serial number indicates that you have a 2007 Mac Pro, but the earliest model supported by Mountain Lion is early 2008.
- Answered by Robert T from Chatham
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Compatibility with GarageBand '11 on Mac?
- Asked by Andrew S from Warren
- Aug 26, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Compatibility with GarageBand '11 on Mac?)
- Asked about: Apogee JAM Guitar Input
Is the current AirPort Express compatible with the Mac OS X Mountain Lion?
- Asked by Austin T from Sapulpa
- Aug 23, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Is the current AirPort Express compatible with the Mac OS X Mountain Lion?)
- Asked about: AirPort Express
Will this be compatible with the Mac Pro (2013)?
- Asked by Sohrab O from Canyon Country
- Oct 28, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this be compatible with the Mac Pro (2013)?)
- Asked about: LG UltraFine 5K Display