Can this adapter be used to connect to the printer (that has just the USB socket) to use the printer via local Ethernet?
2 Answers from the Community
You will need a print server to connect your USB printer to an ethernet network. In addition to handling the USB-ethernet conversion, it also handles the printer communications. A number of these servers are available from companies like Linksys/Cisco and D-Link, and they do not have to be Apple-specific. Note that most (if not all) will only access the print functions of multi-purpose machines (i.e., not the scan/fax functions).
- Answered by Ray H from Raleigh
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
I doubt it. This adapter is for Apple computers only.
- Answered by Derek K from Hanover
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Can I connect a printer to my time capsule using WPS?
- Asked by Bob R from West Valley City
- Jul 4, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I connect a printer to my time capsule using WPS?)
- Asked about: AirPort Time Capsule - 2TB
Do you need a special internet connection to use this or is it just like the USB ethernet adapter?
- Asked by Chase H from Saint Marys
- Jun 11, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Do you need a special internet connection to use this or is it just like the USB ethernet adapter?)
- Asked about: Thunderbolt to Gigabit Ethernet Ada…