Could this be used with an iPad using the USB adapter that's included with the Apple Camera connection kit?
2 Answers from the Community
After seeing this done on youtube, i tried this and was able to connect this apple usb ethernet adaptor via a powered usb hub, to the apple usb camera adapter and finally to my iPad 4. It works. It mean faster internet for the security conscious out there.
It helps to test this set up by pluging the main usb lead from the hub into my 'mac'. Once i saw the IP address, it was a simple matter to unplug that main usb lead from the mac, and place it instead into the ipad's usb adaptor.
I'm told there are other uses for the usb camera adaptor besides importing pictures, midi keyboards etc, but this has to be done via he powered usb hub.
This works with OS 7.1
- Answered by Christopher H
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
No, this is for plugging into an Apple Computer (normally a MacBook Air)'s USB Socket.
An IPad doesn't know what to do with an Ethernet interface on the Camera Connection Kit's USB socket (I believe that only recognises Camera-type storage devices, I know it won't even work with most USB card readers.)
- Answered by James G
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Warranty on camera connection kit? How long is the warranty for the Camera Connection Kit?
- Asked by Chad H from Louisville
- Jul 14, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Warranty on camera connection kit? How long is the warranty for the Camera Connection Kit?)
- Asked about: Lightning to USB Camera Adapter
Can this be used on an iPad
- Asked by Maria G
- Jul 2, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Can this be used on an iPad)
- Asked about: USB-C to USB Adapter