Does the power adapter continue to consume the same amount of energy when it is not plugged into the laptop (but still plugged into the socket)?
...or is there an energy-saving feature built in that reduces or eliminates its power usage when it's not actually charging a laptop?
1 Answer from the Community
I tested it with my killowatt meter and read 0watts when macbook fully charged or unplugged.
- Answered by Clay S from Pyrmont
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
How much power does this 45W Magsafe 2 consume when it is plugged in to the wall socket and unplugged at the laptop end?
- Asked by Vishal S
- Oct 3, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (How much power does this 45W Magsafe 2 consume when it is plugged in to the wall socket and unplugged at the laptop end?)
- Asked about: Apple 45W MagSafe 2 Power Adapter f…
is the plug compatible in nz?
- Asked by Emily R
- Jun 5, 2017
- Flag as inappropriate (is the plug compatible in nz?)
- Asked about: Power Adapter Extension Cable
No answers yet