Will this work with my old macbook. the late 2008. it has the original mag safe. my macbook is the 2.4 ghz with 250gb hard drive.
will it work or do i have to order the same one from somewhere else?
1 Answer from the Community
Specifics: I have a late 2008 15" unibody macbook pro with a 2.4 Ghz processor (MacBookPro5,1, or MB470LL/A).
This model originally came with a white magsafe adaptor so I too was concerned about this new silver adaptor.
1) The sales assistant at the Apple Store said it would work.
2) It appears to work just fine with this computer.
3) These Q&A forums have both yes and no answers, possibly some folks have communication problems or aren't thinking very hard.
4) Apple: it's called a product compatibility matrix combined with a solid model number system. Knock it off with the secrets and guessing games!
- Answered by Benjamin R from Falls Church
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
I have a late 2008 macbook 2.4 aluminum with 250 GB HD and I wanted to start using time machine.
- Asked by Gary M from Avon Park
- Oct 16, 2009
- Flag as inappropriate (I have a late 2008 macbook 2.4 aluminum with 250 GB HD and I wanted to start using time machine.)
- Asked about: Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard
Can I use this to transfer a macbook hard drive to a brand new Macbook Pro?
- Asked by John B from Astoria
- Sep 13, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use this to transfer a macbook hard drive to a brand new Macbook Pro?)
- Asked about: AirPort Time Capsule - 3TB