Is this a Thunderbolt 3 type connection? Does it have the new USB-C type plug?
Just ordered the new (October 2016) MacBook Pro and need a cable to connect my Firewire 800 drives to it.
1 Answer from the Community
No, it is not a Thunderbolt 3 type connector (USB C), you would need to connect this connector to a Thunderbolt 3 to Thunderbolt 2 connector. I have not seen a Thunderbolt 3 to Firewire connector from Apple.
- Answered by Seth B from Fort Lauderdale
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
...so will I be able to ALSO use this Thunderbolt 3 cable to connect say an external drive with a USB 3.1 gen 2 type C connection ?
- Asked by Steve M from Hamilton
- Nov 23, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (...so will I be able to ALSO use this Thunderbolt 3 cable to connect say an external drive with a USB 3.1 gen 2 type C connection ?)
- Asked about: Belkin Thunderbolt 3 Cable (0.5 m)
Is this the USB type-c model?
- Asked by John A from Perth
- Nov 21, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Is this the USB type-c model?)
- Asked about: LaCie 1TB Porsche Design Portable H…
No answers yet