Might be a "duh" question, but it wouldn't work on a 2008, 17" MacBook Pro would it???
Somehow the magnetic head of my 85W (model A1222) power adapter tore. It will charge but I have to jiggle it a bit to stay. I was hoping the MagSafe 2 converter would fit this particular portal.
2 Answers from the Community
No, that won't work. The converter only connects the fatter, shorter "old" style mag safe connector to the newer, thinner "new" style.
Breakage of the type that you described is common. Apple has some kind of special campaign -- google "apple magsafe replacement" and the link -- to Apple's support website, which link I am not allowed to paste into this message -- will be displayed.
- Answered by Kevin W from Hendersonville
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
this adaptor is so the older magsafe chargers work with the new macs. If you have an 2008 computer it has magsafe so you have to get an magsafe charger. They don't make adaptors to convert the new magsafe 2 chargers to magsafe.
- Answered by Owen H from Marshfield
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
WILL THIS WORK WITH A MID-2010 MACBOOK PRO 17" ?
- Asked by James F. M from New Rochelle
- Feb 20, 2019
- Flag as inappropriate (WILL THIS WORK WITH A MID-2010 MACBOOK PRO 17" ?)
- Asked about: Linksys Velop Whole Home Mesh Wi-Fi…
WILL THIS DEVICE WORK WITH MY MACBOOK PRO?
- Asked by Wayne M from Glenview
- Aug 15, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (WILL THIS DEVICE WORK WITH MY MACBOOK PRO?)
- Asked about: Apple 30-pin to VGA Adapter
will this work with mavericks on a 2009 model A1209 17" unibody macbook Pro?
- Asked by Ellen L from Rochester
- Mar 8, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (will this work with mavericks on a 2009 model A1209 17" unibody macbook Pro?)
- Asked about: Apple USB SuperDrive