Is it safe to use any of the MacBook chargers on the older MacBook airs or should I only use the 45 watt model?
1 Answer from the Community
According to my research, as well as some other posts, I can safely say that it is okay AS LONG as it is the same generation of Magsafe charger, AND said charger provides the same/greater amount of power as what the MBA requires.
I realize this is an old post, but this statement still stands and is true for the newer MBAs as well.
- Answered by Ethan W from Shawnee
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
ii have a 11 inch macbook air 2009 its 45w what a good charger to use. i always buy chargers and i judt want to be on the safe side. any suggestions.?
- Asked by Woah T from Manhattan
- Mar 3, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (ii have a 11 inch macbook air 2009 its 45w what a good charger to use. i always buy chargers and i judt want to be on the safe side. any suggestions.?)
- Asked about: Apple 45W MagSafe Power Adapter for…
Does it work with an older macbook air?
- Asked by Tom B from Welland
- Nov 22, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Does it work with an older macbook air?)
- Asked about: Apple USB SuperDrive