Apple Superdrive question With Parallels Desktop 8
I am planning on getting one of the new iMac's early next year.
Now, the new iMac's do not have an optical drive (like the Macbook Air, Macbook Pro Retina Display). I'm planning on getting the Apple Superdrive and also I'm going to be purchasing Windows 7 and Parallels Desktop 8 to install on my iMac.
I know it isn't possible to try it with the new iMac's yet, but I was wondering if anyone has tried or knows if its possible to use the Apple Superdrive with the Macbook Air Macbook Pro Retina Display when running Windows 7 through Parallels Desktop 8, basically does the Apple Superdrive show up in Windows 7 and are you able to read, burn CD's, DVD's in Windows 7 with the Apple Superdrive?
Thanks in advance.
1 Answer from the Community
Yes since both support USB. You would be surprised at what a Mac Can Do.
- Answered by Richard B from Fulton
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Will this product work using Windows 10 through Parallels Desktop?
- Asked by Karen B from Angwin
- Nov 14, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this product work using Windows 10 through Parallels Desktop?)
- Asked about: Belkin YourType Bluetooth Wireless …
Does it support Apple USB SuperDrive?
- Asked by Peiyu L from Riverton
- Jun 6, 2017
- Flag as inappropriate (Does it support Apple USB SuperDrive?)
- Asked about: Belkin Thunderbolt 3 Express Dock H…
Can I use apple remote with the usb superdrive?
- Asked by Brandy B from Glen Ellyn
- Jun 4, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use apple remote with the usb superdrive?)
- Asked about: Apple Remote