Does it work with an older macbook air?
Some of the answers indicate this new portable superdrive will work with any mac that does not have a superdrive built in. That indicates it should also work with an older Macbook Air. However, if it works with an older Macbook Air why doesn't it work on any Mac? I have an older iMac that has a superdrive that won't work properly because it was switched to to many locations. Instead of buying a new superdrive for it I would have liked to purchase the portable superdrive since my iMac will require replacing within the year and it makes more sense to buy this drive now so I already have it to go with the new iMac.
- Asked by fn from Welland
- Flag as inappropriate (Does it work with an older macbook air?)
2 Answers from the Community
It will only work with a Mac that shipped without an internal SuperDrive. So, it will work with a MacBook Air, but will not work with any iMac except the newest generation that lacked internal SuperDrives. My understanding is this is a limitation built into the firmware of the USB SuperDrive.
- Answered by Keith H from Baton Rouge
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Check the Supported Products section to verify it.
- Answered by Dylan J from Acworth
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
MacBook Air 11 to older TV
- Asked by Anonymous A from Xxxxxxxx
- Nov 20, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (MacBook Air 11 to older TV)
- Asked about: Mini DisplayPort to VGA Adapter
No answers yet
Does this sleeve fit the older 13 inch MacBook air?
- Asked by Joseph H
- Nov 21, 2018
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this sleeve fit the older 13 inch MacBook air?)
- Asked about: Welden 13" Slim Sleeve for MacBook …
Can I connect a 2011 Macbook Pro to a 2013 Macbook Air and use the Air as a second display for the 2011?
- Asked by Jonathan C from Pittsburg
- Jun 3, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I connect a 2011 Macbook Pro to a 2013 Macbook Air and use the Air as a second display for the 2011?)
- Asked about: Apple Thunderbolt Cable (2.0 m) - W…