Will this work with the new 2016 Macbook Pro with touch bar?
I assume the SuperDrive connects with the old-style USB, which the new computers don't have. Could an adapter be used that would allow the drive to function properly with the new Macbook Pro?
- Asked by Andrew H from Washington
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this work with the new 2016 Macbook Pro with touch bar?)
2 Answers from the Community
Yes. I have the new MacBook Pro and it works just fine. However, the drive has a USB type A connector. To plug it into the new MacBook you will need a USB-C to USB A adapter. Apple sells them but you can also get them on Amazon, cheaper.
- Answered by Andrew B from Sherrills Ford
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
The answer is yes, but you're going to need an adapter to do it.
The Apple USB SuperDrive and MacBook Air Super Drive are compatible with any MacBook made after 2008 that doesn’t have a built-in optical drive. Your 2016 and/or 2017 MacBook Pro has USB TYPE-C ports on it as this is going to be the new standard, eventually. The USB-C is backward compatible with the style of USB port that you're used to, rectangular USB port, or type-A style.
USB-C is still backward compatible with existing USB variants, but that, of course, requires adapters.You will need a USB Type-C to USB Type-A Adapter.
Apple makes this adapter and you can find it under accessories. It's called a USB-C to USB Adapter.
- Answered by Bert D from Fort Myers
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
is there a shell that will fit the new 13 inch MacBook Pro (2016)?
- Asked by Esther F from Bergenfield
- Nov 22, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (is there a shell that will fit the new 13 inch MacBook Pro (2016)?)
- Asked about: Tech21 Impact Snap Case for MacBook
Will this adapter connect directly to the new MacBook Pro 2016 USB-c/thunderbolt ports?
- Asked by Robin N from Jacksonville
- Nov 2, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this adapter connect directly to the new MacBook Pro 2016 USB-c/thunderbolt ports?)
- Asked about: Apple Thunderbolt to FireWire Adapt…
Can this cable be used to charge the MacBook Pro with Touch Bar 15" from an iMac (it needs at least 87W to charge)
- Asked by David G
- Nov 3, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (Can this cable be used to charge the MacBook Pro with Touch Bar 15" from an iMac (it needs at least 87W to charge))
- Asked about: Belkin USB-A to USB-C Cable (USB 3.…