Are the iPod adapters somehow grounded, not adding noise to the signal/iPod?
I have a Q about the iPod adapters. Do they add noise when connected to the mains. I am a sound-engineer and I use...want to only use iPod Touch 4 32gb to play selected music using professional audio monitors in a pro environment.. etc, but the adapter I use now (not original) adds noise to the signal, despite there are many filters applied to the electricity chain. I need that iPod all the time connected to the mains and I was wondering if the original apple adapters are somehow grounded...not adding noise to the audio signal?
I really need that clean audio signal while my iPod is always connected the the mains via adapter. Any options for moded/handmade adapters are welcome too, lol : )
Thank you in advance!
1 Answer from the Community
There may be a theoretical answer to your question, but in reality it is irrelevant. The Apple chargers are isolated and are optimized for Apple equipment. This charger is only $19.00 and the only way to know if this charger supplies clean, noise free charging is to buy one and test it. Apple will accept it as a return if it doesn't work for you. The 5w version should keep pace with your demands. Test both. In any case, get rid of your non Apple charger. They are all inferior.
- Answered by Steven K from Brookline
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
How is adaptive noise canceling different than active noise canceling (I.e. Beats vs. Bose)? Which is superior?
- Asked by Simon S from Pleasanton
- Oct 20, 2017
- Flag as inappropriate (How is adaptive noise canceling different than active noise canceling (I.e. Beats vs. Bose)? Which is superior?)
- Asked about: Beats Studio3 Wireless Over-Ear Hea…
Will this extension cable enable a ground connection?
- Asked by Christian W from Staten Island
- Sep 19, 2017
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this extension cable enable a ground connection?)
- Asked about: Power Adapter Extension Cable