How much faster will this charger charge my iPad3 ?
- Asked by fn from Conway
- Flag as inappropriate (How much faster will this charger charge my iPad3 ?)
2 Answers from the Community
It won't contrary to popular belief.
The new iPad has its max load info printed on the back of the device.
The faster charge time depends on the new iPad's (iPad 3) capabilities to accept the higher value charge. Over supplying the circuitry when it is not capable can cause fault and possibly fire. A step down feature exists within apple devices to prevent over supply of electricity. When you use a 12 Watt charger on a iPad 3 it will only accept the max load which is 10.71 Watt
The 12 Watt power adapter outputs more voltage and amps than its predecessor at ~ 10 Watt; The 12 Watt is rated at 5.2V and 2.4A respectively so actually the total output is 12.48 Watts. The ability for a device to be charged quicker is usually restricted by the device and in cases where it is not, over supplying power can cause overheating and damage to the device or worse even cause a fire.
- Answered by Utah C from Perth
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
About the same, if you have the 10W you don't need to spend the money to change it.
- Answered by Guy R from Calgary
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Do they make a faster charging cable for my i-pad 3td generation
- Asked by Louis G from Allen Park
- May 26, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Do they make a faster charging cable for my i-pad 3td generation)
- Asked about: Apple 30-pin to USB Cable