I'm using an iPhone 5, and I want to buy an Apple 12W USB Power Adapter for charging. Is it suitable for iPhone 5? Does it shorten the battery life?
1 Answer from the Community
Technically, you only need a 5W adapter to charge your phone. The 12W adapter will work, too, but it's overkill. It's better suited for charging iPads.
- Answered by Phoebe E from Hoboken
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
can i use 12w usb power adapter to charge my iphone 6s
- Asked by Chandu R from Khammam
- Jan 12, 2017
- Flag as inappropriate (can i use 12w usb power adapter to charge my iphone 6s)
- Asked about: iPhone
Can this power adapter be used to charge an iPhone or iPad?
- Asked by Brian Y from Brooklyn
- Apr 18, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (Can this power adapter be used to charge an iPhone or iPad?)
- Asked about: 29W USB-C Power Adapter