Can I connect a 2011 Macbook Pro to a 2013 Macbook Air and use the Air as a second display for the 2011?
I know both have thunderbolt ports, I just need to know wether i can make a second display, not just data transfer with thunderbolt cables. I'm trying to use what I have, an older work computer and use my personal laptop as the second display for when i work from home.
1 Answer from the Community
No you cannot. Connecting the two computers would just allow you to access the hard drive of the other MacBook.
- Answered by Michael K from Clearlake
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
will this fit 2011 macbook air
- Asked by Suzy L from Fair Lawn
- Feb 14, 2017
- Flag as inappropriate (will this fit 2011 macbook air)
- Asked about: Incase 13" Hardshell Case for MacBo…
Can i use this cable to transfer data from a 2011 mac air to a 2017 MacBook pro?
- Asked by Louise H from Pittsboro
- May 31, 2018
- Flag as inappropriate (Can i use this cable to transfer data from a 2011 mac air to a 2017 MacBook pro?)
- Asked about: Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) to Thunderbol…
how to connect early 2011 macbook pro
- Asked by Waldemar P from Carmel
- Apr 17, 2017
- Flag as inappropriate (how to connect early 2011 macbook pro)
- Asked about: LG UltraFine 5K Display
No answers yet