Can this cable be used to make a iMac 21.5-inch, Mid 2010 a second monitor for a iMac 27-inch, Mid 2010?
1 Answer from the Community
No. The desired set up cannot be realized by any cable combination because the iMac 21.5 inch does not have target display mode. Furthermore, even if the roles were to be swapped (iMac 27 as secondary display), the Thunderbolt Cable would not work because a Thunderbolt Cable can never be hooked up to a non-Thunderbolt port.
The only way to connect an iMac 21.5 (mid 2010) to an iMac 27 (mid 2010) would be to use the iMac 27 in target display mode. The correct cable to use would be a Mini Display Port cable, not a Thunderbolt cable.
- Answered by Peter S
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Will it work with my iMac (21.5-inch, Mid 2011)?
- Asked by Fredy S from Rio De Janeiro
- Jul 17, 2019
- Flag as inappropriate (Will it work with my iMac (21.5-inch, Mid 2011)?)
- Asked about: Linksys Velop Whole Home Mesh Wi-Fi…
iMac 27-inch, Mid 2011, will it work with this model?
- Asked by James C
- Nov 11, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (iMac 27-inch, Mid 2011, will it work with this model?)
- Asked about: Apple USB SuperDrive
Is this compatible with the 21-inch iMac (mid 2017)?
- Asked by Samuel I
- May 18, 2019
- Flag as inappropriate (Is this compatible with the 21-inch iMac (mid 2017)?)
- Asked about: Apple Memory Module 32GB DDR4 2400M…