Will my Mac automatically discover and disconnect from a Time Capsule as I arrive and leave from my apartment, and handle interrupted backups?
I'm hoping that the Time Capsule is a flexible backup option that doesn't require me to mount / unmount it as a drive every time I take my laptop on or off my home network. Does it work this way, or does it mount as a network drive which has to unmounted before you can depart? I'm hoping that automatic backups can be interrupted and retried the next time my computer connects to the capsule.
1 Answer from the Community
Unless you want to view the files on the time capsule it backs up automatically you don't have to mount/unmount the drive (on a mac). I don't know about interrupting the backup and if that could affect the files or not. It should be OK I think. There are also programs that allow you to start it backing up say at 2AM so it will be done before you leave in the morning
- Answered by Nick K from Kew
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Connecting AP Extreme to gen 3 Time Capsule
- Asked by Mark L from Cumming
- Jul 19, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Connecting AP Extreme to gen 3 Time Capsule)
- Asked about: AirPort Extreme
No answers yet
Does this offer automatic backup capabilities?
- Asked by William M
- Nov 30, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this offer automatic backup capabilities?)
- Asked about: LaCie 1TB Rugged Portable Hard Driv…
Can I use Thunderbolt to Gigabit ethernet adapter for backup in my time capsule?
- Asked by Sebastiano L from Bergamo
- Sep 14, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use Thunderbolt to Gigabit ethernet adapter for backup in my time capsule?)
- Asked about: Thunderbolt to Gigabit Ethernet Ada…