what is a WPS printer
I am using AirPort Extreme Base Station to add a wireless canon printer. Found some directions online that tell me to go to airport utility, select my AP Extreme, click on Base Station at top menu bar and select add wifi printer...but mine says add WPS printer. What is that?
- Asked by Beth C from Cleveland
- Flag as inappropriate (what is a WPS printer)
1 Answer from the Community
"WPS" means "Wifi protected setup". It is supposed to be a fast way to connect devices to a wireless network. Check apple support article HT3500. WPS setup only works if the printer uses WPS, and that depends on the printer model. If your printer has it, it will usually have a sticker with a PIN code that you can enter so that the base station and the printer can talk to each other. Hope this helps!
- Answered by Monte K from Lake Forest
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Can I connect a printer to my time capsule using WPS?
- Asked by Bob R from West Valley City
- Jul 4, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I connect a printer to my time capsule using WPS?)
- Asked about: AirPort Time Capsule - 3TB
Does this include WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup) functionality?
- Asked by Brian G
- Aug 20, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this include WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup) functionality?)
- Asked about: AirPort Express
can I connect it to a printer?
- Asked by Christine W from Mudgee
- Apr 4, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (can I connect it to a printer?)
- Asked about: Smart Keyboard for 9.7‑inch iPad Pr…