Does it work to connect the USB-port with another USB-port with more possible USB-connections?
My current Macbook Air uses
- 1 USB-port for external keyboard
- 1 USB-port for USB multiport for external hard drives and USB-sticks
Would this Multiport adapter be able to handle another multiport with all this equipment?
If yes: I am buying. If no: I will cry and probably won´t buy!
3 Answers from the Community
It works that way for me with the 15" MBP 2016 w touch bar. I have the adapter plugged into the MBP, and a (powered) USB hub plugged into the USB-A port on the adapter. All the devices plugged into the hub work fine.
- Answered by James R from Berkeley
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
yes it works as a normal USB slot on Your computer.
Except for Audio interface, USB headset and USB Audio device like Sound bars.
This devices tend to get bugs and confusion on Your device Manager when connected to a USB Hub. Hope this helps.
- Answered by Marben L from Alqouz 3
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
I hang a simple USB hub off of mine and it works for keyboard, iPhone, earpiece charger, camera etc.
Your HDDs are going to depend on how much power they want to draw.
- Answered by Annette J from San Diego
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
Can this be used with a car charger that has a USB port?
- Asked by Anonymous A from Xxxxxxxx
- Jan 20, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Can this be used with a car charger that has a USB port?)
- Asked about: Apple 30-pin to USB Cable
Can i use this to connect a Thunderbolt hard drive to a Computer's USB port?
- Asked by Muhannad M from Bankstown
- Oct 6, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Can i use this to connect a Thunderbolt hard drive to a Computer's USB port?)
- Asked about: Kanex Thunderbolt to eSATA + USB 3.…