Is it possible to charge the Macbook from the USB A port using this adaptor?
Does the USB A port on this adaptor supply power to the USB c port¿
2 Answers from the Community
No. USB-C uses 20 volts and 5 amps of power, compared with the 5 volts and 1.8 of USB-A. The multiport adapter is designed to be an output hub, not a charging mechanism.
- Answered by Matthew C from Half Moon Bay
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Newer macbooks with USB-C charging can charge from USB-A type chargers such as an iPad charger using a good quality USB-A to USB-C cable, as the wattage will be lower than the normal power supply it will take longer, my 2016 macbook pro 15" takes about 6.5 hours to charge from my iPad charger, which is fine if you do not have your normal charger you can charge it overnight.
- Answered by Nicholas W from Capalaba
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Will the projector charged if plugged into a MacBook USB port?
- Asked by Samuel G
- Mar 21, 2018
- Flag as inappropriate (Will the projector charged if plugged into a MacBook USB port?)
- Asked about: Miroir HD Pro Projector M220
Can I use a Magsafe to USB-c adaptor to charge the new MBP 2018?
- Asked by Alberto B from Nyc
- Oct 1, 2018
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use a Magsafe to USB-c adaptor to charge the new MBP 2018?)
- Asked about: 87W USB-C Power Adapter
Can other USB-C devices be plugged into the USB-C port, or can it only be used for charging?
- Asked by Douglas S from Vernon Hills
- Mar 10, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (Can other USB-C devices be plugged into the USB-C port, or can it only be used for charging?)
- Asked about: USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter