Can the staff at the Apple Store transfer all data from my current iPad to a new iPad pro? How long a process?
1 Answer from the Community
Transferring data (e.g., contacts, calendars, photos, other data) between your existing iPad and the new one can easily be accomplished by the iPads' owner/user using backups either stored in iTunes or on iCloud.
Apple provides step-by-step instructions its Support web pages. Third-party web site also provide similar instructions, and can be easily located with a simple web search.
If you prefer to have Apple Store staff perform this function for you, It would be best to contact a local store directly. They would be able to provide general information on the process, what to bring to the Store, and what to to prior to your appointment. An estimate of the time required as well as any applicable fees would be given. An appointment would most likely be necessary.
In general, the more data to transfer and the larger the in-use memory of the source iPad, the longer it would take. Should issues occur, additional time would be required. You can estimate the basic transfer process duration by timing how long it takes to back up your iPad or perform a restore.
- Answered by Steve M from Litchfield
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
if my mum upgrades her old iPhone 5 through Apple will you transfer all her data and contacts etc from the old iPhone to the new one in store for her?
- Asked by Derek H
- May 27, 2018
- Flag as inappropriate (if my mum upgrades her old iPhone 5 through Apple will you transfer all her data and contacts etc from the old iPhone to the new one in store for her?)
- Asked about: iPhone
Can I set up a new IPad Pro with Verizon cellular at home or do I have to go to an Apple store to have it configured properly?
- Asked by Marilyn A S from Ridgefield Park
- Jun 1, 2018
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I set up a new IPad Pro with Verizon cellular at home or do I have to go to an Apple store to have it configured properly?)
- Asked about: iPad