Can this cable be used to connect an external SSD to an iPhone or iPad?
1 Answer from the Community
No, it is not supported. There are a Lightning to USB and a Lightning to SD Card adapters available (different to this cable), but they have a very different purpose - to copy files off your digital camera's memory card to your iPhone/iPad's memory. They do not allow file management. In order to manage files on an external storage device, you need to use an external storage with its own app for iOS to do so. For example, there are Wi-Fi-equipped external HDD devices that are compatible with iOS using an app from their (HDD) manufacturer.
- Answered by Арсений Б
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Can this be used to connect an iPhone 4s to an HDMI cable so I can watch a movie from my phone on TV? If not, which product? Thanks!
- Asked by Salvatore L from North Charleston
- Sep 27, 2017
- Flag as inappropriate (Can this be used to connect an iPhone 4s to an HDMI cable so I can watch a movie from my phone on TV? If not, which product? Thanks!)
- Asked about: Lightning to 30-pin Adapter
What cable is used to sync pc to ipad?
- Asked by Madelyn M from New York
- May 2, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (What cable is used to sync pc to ipad?)
- Asked about: Apple 30-pin to USB Cable