What is the difference between the Magic Mouse2 and the Magic Mouse 1?
- Asked by Tyrone B from Park Forest
- Flag as inappropriate (What is the difference between the Magic Mouse2 and the Magic Mouse 1?)
3 Answers from the Community
Magic Mouse 1 uses AA batteries.
Magic Mouse 2 has an internal rechargeable battery (to recharge use USB to Lightning cable).
- Answered by Matias C from Miami
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Magic Mouse 1 uses replaceable batteries (2xAA, standard or rechargeable) and Magic Mouse 2 has a rechargeable internal battery (recharge via Lightning cable) with no option to use "replaceables."
More importantly, the Magic Mouse 2 WILL ONLY WORK PROPERLY with Mac OS 10.11 (El Capitan) or later.
- Answered by Christopher M from Houston
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Magic Mouse 2 uses a internal Lithium battery. It is charged with a Lightning connector and it works only with 10.11 or later.
It works usually for a month. A full charge needs 2 hours. A 2-3 minute charge when empty works out for the day.
It is lighter, glides better and seems to have slightly better control (that is hard to benchmark, but I have to change mouses when I use 10.9 on my computer so I know the better control immediately when changing back to the new mouse).
Magic Mouse 1 is heavier, I can use it for about 2 weeks with a pair of good Panasonic/Sanyo Eneloops Pro.
After some years, I found it looses Battery contact for a short moment when falling on the table, or hovering it roughly while mousing, so it looses contact and then reconnects. Charging time for these batteries depends on your charger and with mine it is 3 hours (700mA/h).
If you include costs of chargeable batteries with charger for the Magic Mouse 1 the Magic Mouse 2 is a better deal.
If you consider it to be chargeable 500 times, the internal battery of the Magic Mouse 2 should work for many more years than your computer.
It may not be enough difference to change from one to the other, but if bought new for a current computer with El Capitan (10.11) or Sierra (10.12), I would definitely go for the new one.
- Answered by Christian B
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
Does it work with the Magic Mouse 2?
- Asked by Cody F from Auburn
- Jan 22, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (Does it work with the Magic Mouse 2?)
- Asked about: iPhone Lightning Dock - White
No answers yet
How long does the charge last on the magic mouse 2 and the magic trackpad 2
- Asked by Darryl N from Philadelphia
- Feb 12, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (How long does the charge last on the magic mouse 2 and the magic trackpad 2)
- Asked about: Magic Trackpad 2
just purchased a magic mouse 2 & it doesn't work
- Asked by John W from Anchorage
- Nov 7, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (just purchased a magic mouse 2 & it doesn't work)
- Asked about: Mac