Can I use apple remote with the new macbook
- Asked by Frederik K
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use apple remote with the new macbook)
2 Answers from the Community
- Answered by Ashutosh S
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
maybe; it depends on what you want to do with the remote. i bought a remote specifically for my imac, which is a 2012 model with IR. i can use the remote for iTunes and Movies to control the start and stop and volume, not much else. an Apple support advisor told me she uses hers for keynote (but i can't verify how that would work, since i don't have keynote). if i want to make a presentation onto my large screen TV (i'm an interior designer and like to show the "big picture" of my work), i make a slideshow in photos, then export it to iTunes and/or movies. my large screen TV is attached to my imac with an HDMI connector, and i have to "mirror" the imac desktop with the tv. the imac and tv are close enough for the cord connection, but i have to point the remote towards the imac for it to work.
- Answered by Ferris Z from Morro Bay
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
How long does the new Apple TV remote stay charged?
- Asked by Joe D from Germantown
- Dec 17, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (How long does the new Apple TV remote stay charged?)
- Asked about: Innovelis TotalMount Pro Mounting S…
Can I use the new apple tv remote with the old apple tv device ?
- Asked by Abdullah A from Cookeville
- Sep 17, 2017
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use the new apple tv remote with the old apple tv device ?)
- Asked about: Siri Remote
Can I connect an older apple monitor to the new macbook?
- Asked by Bradley B from Portland
- Mar 12, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I connect an older apple monitor to the new macbook?)
- Asked about: USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter