Are the AirPods waterproof?
- Asked by Jimmy C from Staten Island
- Flag as inappropriate (Are the AirPods waterproof?)
6 Answers from the Community
i mistakenly put my AirPods (without case) in the washing machine. After waking for 30 mins and drying 60 mins, they are still working pretty well. I was impressed.
- Answered by Dahan Y from Chapel Hill
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
No they are not waterproof, but they do tolerate minor sweat (in my experience).
Long story short, don't go swimming with them.
- Answered by Matt F from Chirnside Park
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
I just found my airbuds in the washing machine, after I inadvertently left them in my shorts.
I screamed and cursed at myself; then I tried them, and they worked! I see from the threads that they are lot supposed to be water proof.. but looks like I got away with it. But I don't recommend it.
- Answered by Richard L from Santa Fe
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
Not saying you should try it, but I have gone to splash parks with it. Took them to the shower also. But I’ve seen people on these forums saying that they have survived washing mastines, a week on a drain hole and swimming with it.
- Answered by Josue S from El Paso
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 4
Im not sure about the airpods themselves but I accidentally dunked and submerged the charging case in a mug of water where it most like stayed submerged top open for about 5-6 min before I noticed it there. I took it out let it sit and dry for about an hour and it worked fine.
- Answered by Philip D from Thunder Bay
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 5
This is not waterproof
- Answered by Adnan M from Azamgarh
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 6