Can I use this adapter to connect to a Belkin Thunderbolt™ 2 Express Dock HD ?!?!?
If Yes, is it possible to drive my 27" LED Cinema Display through the 2nd Thunderbolt on the Dock ???
3 Answers from the Community
I have connected a OWC Thunderbolt 2 Dock to a Thunderbolt 3 port using this adapter. The Belkin dock should also work.
DisplayPort is not passed by this adapter, so your 27" LED Cinema Display won't work. A Thunderbolt Display should work though.
To use a DisplayPort display, connect it directly to your Mac's Thunderbolt port (using a USB-C to mini DisplayPort cable).
- Answered by Joseph V from Fort Langley
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
I use it now for a few days.
The only connection of the Belkin dock which is not working is the ethernet port.
For the rest everything seen to be fine.
- Answered by Ralf M
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
I have just used it for this setup, and yes, it appears to work with all the functions of the Belkin Thunderbolt 2 Express Dock. At first the HDMI output did not seem to be working, but after removing and replacing the cable a few times it suddenly jumped into life. When the specs say the adpater does not support Mini Display Port I think it refers to using that connector directly in the Thunderbolt 2 output of the adapter, rather than it not passing video signals at all.
- Answered by Richard C
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
Is the Belkin Thunderbolt 2 Express HD Dock supposed to be able to power the SuperDrive?
- Asked by Mason M from East Olympia
- Jul 6, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Is the Belkin Thunderbolt 2 Express HD Dock supposed to be able to power the SuperDrive?)
- Asked about: Apple USB SuperDrive
Can I use the mini DisplayPort to dual Link DVI adapter with the Belkin Thunderbolt express doc?
- Asked by Roberto H from El Cerrito
- May 7, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use the mini DisplayPort to dual Link DVI adapter with the Belkin Thunderbolt express doc?)
- Asked about: Mini DisplayPort to Dual-Link DVI A…
connecting a USBc (USB3.1gen 1) DEVICE... to a Mac Pro ("trash can" Mac) which is Thunderbolt 2
- Asked by Bradly B from Dunkirk
- Feb 22, 2018
- Flag as inappropriate (connecting a USBc (USB3.1gen 1) DEVICE... to a Mac Pro ("trash can" Mac) which is Thunderbolt 2)
- Asked about: Belkin Thunderbolt 3 Cable (0.5 m)