Can i use this cable to transfer data from a 2014 MacBook air 11 inch to a 2018 MacBook 12-inch? I tried the migration wirelessly but did not work.
Transferring data from MacBook Air to new MacBook.
1 Answer from the Community
Yes you can, according to Apple support document HT207266 "About the Apple Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) to Thunderbolt 2 Adapter".
It says "You can also use the Thunderbolt port of this adapter to connect an external hard drive, dock, Mac, or other device that uses a Thunderbolt or Thunderbolt 2 cable for data transfer. This adapter supports data-transfer speeds up to 10Gbps with Thunderbolt devices, and up to 20Gbps with Thunderbolt 2 devices.
This adapter is bidirectional, which means you can use it to connect Thunderbolt 3 devices to a Mac that has a Thunderbolt or Thunderbolt 2 port. In that case, the Mac must be using macOS Sierra or later, and the device using Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) must provide its own power."
- Answered by Joseph V from Fort Langley
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
does it work with the 11 inch macbook air
- Asked by Armando Sakurai T from 静岡市
- Jan 18, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (does it work with the 11 inch macbook air)
- Asked about: Twelve South HiRise Adjustable Stan…
Can I migrate my Mac air to a Macbook pro retina?
- Asked by Juan H from Miami Lakes
- Apr 16, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I migrate my Mac air to a Macbook pro retina?)
- Asked about: Apple Thunderbolt Cable (2.0 m) - W…