Can i use this cable to transfer data from a 2014 MacBook air 11 inch to a 2018 MacBook 12-inch? I tried the migration wirelessly but did not work.
Transferring data from MacBook Air to new MacBook.
1 Answer from the Community
Yes you can, according to Apple support document HT207266 "About the Apple Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) to Thunderbolt 2 Adapter".
It says "You can also use the Thunderbolt port of this adapter to connect an external hard drive, dock, Mac, or other device that uses a Thunderbolt or Thunderbolt 2 cable for data transfer. This adapter supports data-transfer speeds up to 10Gbps with Thunderbolt devices, and up to 20Gbps with Thunderbolt 2 devices.
This adapter is bidirectional, which means you can use it to connect Thunderbolt 3 devices to a Mac that has a Thunderbolt or Thunderbolt 2 port. In that case, the Mac must be using macOS Sierra or later, and the device using Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) must provide its own power."
- Answered by Joseph V from Fort Langley
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Does it work with the macbook 12 inch 2016
- Asked by William R from Narberth
- Aug 25, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (Does it work with the macbook 12 inch 2016)
- Asked about: Apple USB SuperDrive
cable to migrate from 2017 macbook pro to 2018 imac
- Asked by Michael S from High Point
- Jan 12, 2019
- Flag as inappropriate (cable to migrate from 2017 macbook pro to 2018 imac)
- Asked about: Apple Thunderbolt Cable (2.0 m) - W…
What port is this used in on my macbook air?
- Asked by Holly B from Melbourne
- Apr 16, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (What port is this used in on my macbook air?)
- Asked about: Belkin 4K Mini DisplayPort to HDMI …