Should the network connection be passed through from an older Apple Thunderbolt Display
I have an older Apple Thunderbolt Display (27-inch (2560 x 1440) Radeon Pro 450 2048 MB graphics). I attached it to my new MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2016) using a Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) to Thunderbolt 2 Adapter. For my old Mac Book Pro, I could attach to the network by plugging an ethernet cable into the display, but that network connection doesn't seem to pass though with the new MacBook pro and this cable.
Should it work? If so, what do I have to do?
No Answers have been submitted
Be the first to answer this question. Answer now
Can this be used with the older Apple Thunderbolt Display with an adapter?
- Asked by Abhaya K from Toronto
- Jul 12, 2018
- Flag as inappropriate (Can this be used with the older Apple Thunderbolt Display with an adapter?)
- Asked about: Blackmagic eGPU
Does the USB port pass through the DisplaPort signal?
- Asked by Garrison C from Fairbanks
- Feb 23, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the USB port pass through the DisplaPort signal?)
- Asked about: USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter
Can I connect 3 Apple Thunderbolt 2 displays?
- Asked by Adam P from Beverly
- Sep 17, 2018
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I connect 3 Apple Thunderbolt 2 displays?)
- Asked about: Belkin Thunderbolt 3 Express Dock H…