Will this work with a monitor (e.g. Dell P2715Q 4K Monitor) that has a Mini Display Port?
mDP is the same connector as TB2 and you could drive mDP displays from TB2
1 Answer from the Community
The Thunderbolt 3 to Thunderbolt 2 adapter is only for Thunderbolt devices. It will not pass DisplayPort signals.
You need a USB-C to DisplayPort cable.
- Answered by Joseph V from Fort Langley
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
How to hook up apple TV 4k to a monitor that only streams 4k through display-port?
- Asked by Louis H from Denver
- Sep 13, 2018
- Flag as inappropriate (How to hook up apple TV 4k to a monitor that only streams 4k through display-port?)
- Asked about: Apple TV
how do i connect my a iMac mid 2010 to a dell monitor
- Asked by Aj B from Daytonabeach Shores
- Dec 29, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (how do i connect my a iMac mid 2010 to a dell monitor)
- Asked about: Mini DisplayPort to VGA Adapter