Do the new EarPods with lightning connector have better specs than EarPods with plug.
2 Answers from the Community
Nothing specifically outlined, but other headphones I've used that have both a 3.5mm version and a Lightning (or USB) version have always sounded better through the Lightning ones. Just richer, more detail. A good comparison, is the difference between speakers you buy in a supermarket, and speakers you buy from a music store :P
So nothing specific on paper, but if you get to try out a pair of the lightning ones and the 3.5mm ones side by side, I would expect the Lightning ones to sound better. Apple does a 14-day return policy so long as they're not damaged, so if there's nowhere nearby that you can try them out side by side, you could always buy a pair, listen to them and send them back if you don't feel they're worth the upgrade!
- Answered by Anthony R from Belconnen
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Be careful to also test the microphone very thoroughly. I bought mine recently, and the sound was great.. but now I find out people can't hear me and the mic is going in and out and it may already be too late to return them.
- Answered by Morris C from Tampa
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Will it be possible to use EarPods with this device?
- Asked by Mikhail B from Moscow
- Sep 22, 2017
- Flag as inappropriate (Will it be possible to use EarPods with this device?)
- Asked about: Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adapter
Does this case support Lightning EarPods or is the lightning connector limited to power passthrough only?
- Asked by William H from Keller
- Sep 8, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this case support Lightning EarPods or is the lightning connector limited to power passthrough only?)
- Asked about: iPhone 7 Smart Battery Case - (PROD…