Is EarPods with Lightning Connector are still analogue or digital headphones?
3 Answers from the Community
The audio signal through the lightning port will be digital not analog like the old 3.5mm jack's analog stereo signal. This should result in enhanced sound quality. However, not many people can hear a significant difference through Apple's lightning headphones.
It would be like connecting an iPhone to an external digital amplifier via the lightning port; Digital to digital suffers no sound depreciation unlike an analogue signal through a stereo jack. The sound quality of the digital signal is then determined by the quality of the amplification, speakers or headphones, not the signal itself.
- Answered by Mikey K
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
- Answered by Callum N
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Running through Lightning takes it to a digital connection
- Answered by Anthony R from Belconnen
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
Is this compatible with the digital AV lightning connector (HDMI to Lightning)
- Asked by Blake N from Marseilles
- May 29, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (Is this compatible with the digital AV lightning connector (HDMI to Lightning))
- Asked about: iPhone Lightning Dock – Space Gray
Does this case support Lightning EarPods or is the lightning connector limited to power passthrough only?
- Asked by William H from Keller
- Sep 8, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this case support Lightning EarPods or is the lightning connector limited to power passthrough only?)
- Asked about: iPhone 7 Smart Battery Case - (PROD…