If I have a 3.5 mm plug on my device, can I use that for mic input and use this for headphone output?
In particular, I have a nice mic input that has cross-talk with the headphones. That goes away if I use Bluetooth headphones but they add latency. If I could send the signal out through this, I think I'd be all set.
2 Answers from the Community
I couldn't get the mic to work at all using the lightning port adapter with several different pairs of 3.5 mm headphones. So I'm 99% sure this wouldn't work. Sorry1 :(
- Answered by Jason L from Charlotte
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
In my experience, no you can't.
- Answered by Jalisa F from Brooklyn
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Can the Airpods be used with iphone 7 as a wireless microphone for video production (using the iphone video cam)?
- Asked by Scott H from Hillsboro
- Sep 29, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (Can the Airpods be used with iphone 7 as a wireless microphone for video production (using the iphone video cam)?)
- Asked about: AirPods
Using a 3.5 mm cable to connect dock to stereo, do you use headphone output
- Asked by Rick J from Eddyville
- Feb 9, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (Using a 3.5 mm cable to connect dock to stereo, do you use headphone output)
- Asked about: iPhone Lightning Dock - White