Am I missing something or, why has Apple still not put an on/off button on this still? Doesn't seem efficient to plug into a fully charged phone...
4 Answers from the Community
This case doesn't technically charge your phone like a Mophie. What it does is once it's plugged in your phone is running off the case's battery. It's efficient to plug into a charged phone because it will run out the case first and then once it's dead you'll have a full 100℅ from your actual phone's battery.
- Answered by Simon S from Steubenville
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
It's a smart battery so it knows when to give the iPhone some juice, so it won't overcharge.
- Answered by Abel C from San Francisco
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
its a smart case,It does not need an off/on button. I'm sure if it needed it, the engineers behind both products would have added the button. Once connected, if the iPhone is on a 100%, the phone battery stops charging and device switches to the direct power source from the case(Not detrimental to your iPhone battery life). When the power source is out the device switches to the local battery.
- Answered by Okezie O from Bakersfield
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
The answer is wrong, my brand new iPhone 7 was at 100% charge and the charge lightning bolt icon was still on, I had to take the case off. The on/off switch would be better than it sensing it needs juice every time it dips below 100%.... just sayin....
- Answered by Matthew H from Everett
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 4
do they come fully charged right out of the box?
- Asked by Jennifer D from New Rochelle
- Feb 8, 2017
- Flag as inappropriate (do they come fully charged right out of the box?)
- Asked about: AirPods
Will my apple charger from the us work in Australia and is so do I still need a convertor?
- Asked by Karen W from Collierville
- Oct 9, 2017
- Flag as inappropriate (Will my apple charger from the us work in Australia and is so do I still need a convertor?)
- Asked about: Apple World Travel Adapter Kit
Does it charge automatically when we put te plugs back in the box even when the pods still have some battery life left?
- Asked by Charles G from Battarmulla
- Sep 7, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (Does it charge automatically when we put te plugs back in the box even when the pods still have some battery life left?)
- Asked about: AirPods