can I use this on the 2016 MacBook Pro 15 inch. the reason I ask, is this product is smaller in weight and form than the 80W charger and easy carry?
1 Answer from the Community
Yes you can.
I've just done a quick test with the MacBook Pro 15" Touch performing light duties; it goes from 90% to 100% charged in 15 minutes using the supplied 87w PSU, and in 17 minutes with the smaller 61w PSU.
I would imagine that under heavy load, and powering USB-C peripherals the 61w would be slower to charge an empty battery.
For my commuting purposes the 61w is preferable. (Note that it doesn't come with its own USB-C lead).
- Answered by Jason D
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
How much power does it provide to charge a connected 15" MacBook Pro (2016)?
- Asked by Ankur J from Seattle
- Oct 11, 2017
- Flag as inappropriate (How much power does it provide to charge a connected 15" MacBook Pro (2016)?)
- Asked about: G-Technology 8TB G-RAID with Thunde…
Can this RAID array be used to charge a 2016 15 inch Macbook Pro?
- Asked by Andrew H from Anchorage
- Jan 25, 2017
- Flag as inappropriate (Can this RAID array be used to charge a 2016 15 inch Macbook Pro?)
- Asked about: PROMISE Pegasus3 R6 24TB (6 by 4TB)…
Hi does this case fit the MacBook Pro 2016 15 inch model?
- Asked by Mohammed E from Dubai
- Mar 19, 2018
- Flag as inappropriate (Hi does this case fit the MacBook Pro 2016 15 inch model?)
- Asked about: Tech21 13" Evo Gem Case for MacBook…