What is the total weight of the iMac Pro without the stand, but with the VESA mount connected?
I am thinking about picking up an iMac Pro, but I currently use a VESA compatible monitor stand to hold the monitors I use with my current mac pro... The listed weight of the iMac Pro is 21.5 pounds, and my mount will support up to 19.8 pounds per arm... I figure the base is probably at least a couple pounds, but the weight of the VESA mount isn't listed anywhere. Just want to make sure of the total weight before I commit.
1 Answer from the Community
Although I don't have the exact weight the VESA mount also states it requires a stand/mount that can support 21.5 lb. I tried a SIIG articulating stand that supports 22lb and it wasn't able to hold a position. Quality of the mount and weight capacity should both be considered. I don't think I would trust a couple hundred dollar (at most) VESA stand/mount to hold a several thousand dollar iMac Pro that is not rated to hold at least the required weight capacity.
- Answered by Josh A from San Jose
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Can the imac stand be removed and replaced with a vesa mount?
- Asked by Matthew C
- Jul 28, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Can the imac stand be removed and replaced with a vesa mount?)
- Asked about: Bretford MobilePro Wall Mount
What is the weight of the monitor only (without the stand)?
- Asked by Douglas B from Santa Clara
- Nov 8, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (What is the weight of the monitor only (without the stand)?)
- Asked about: LG UltraFine 5K Display
can I use the built-in keyboard with this product just like JUst Mobile stand Pro
- Asked by Diana F from Bogota
- Nov 22, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (can I use the built-in keyboard with this product just like JUst Mobile stand Pro)
- Asked about: Twelve South HiRise Adjustable Stan…