would using a different case like the otterbox defender prevent using the smart keyboard that is part of the 12.9" smart keyboard folio?
2 Answers from the Community
Yes. The keyboard only works when it is attached to the iPad.
- Answered by Jago P
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
You can buy the other model from Otter-box, the clear one with the pencil holder on the side. They are sold as Mac Air cases, but they are the same ones that fit the previous model iPad Pro if you look carefully at the website. I own both, and the defender is a pain. I would use it if I were going on a motorcycle or camping trip, but as far as usability and relative safety provided by the case, the clear one is by far the one to go with. It allows you to snap your keyboard onto the side and use it to cover the front face, while the back and sides are covered in the case's hard shell plastic.
Best of luck!
- Answered by Jeremy W from Ann Arbor
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Are the Smart Keyboard and Smart Cover able to be used simultaneously?
- Asked by James E from Woodburn
- Jun 6, 2017
- Flag as inappropriate (Are the Smart Keyboard and Smart Cover able to be used simultaneously?)
- Asked about: Smart Keyboard for 12.9‑inch iPad P…
does the smart keyboard folio help aid in battery life like the smart folio
- Asked by Michael H from Mableton
- Feb 6, 2019
- Flag as inappropriate (does the smart keyboard folio help aid in battery life like the smart folio)
- Asked about: Smart Keyboard Folio for 11-inch iP…