How do I connect macbook or a macbook pro to 2 external monitors?
- Asked by Kevin W from Powell
Mini DisplayPort to Dual-Link DVI Adapter
Product No Longer Available
2 Answers from the Community
You need another piece of hardware, which falls into one of two major categories:
1) A Matrox Dualhead2go is a device that "tricks" your laptop into thinking that the two displays are a single display. Due to this trick, it has some limitations, but provides good graphics performance. The device costs between $100-200.
2) A USB graphics card, such as the EVGA UV Plus+, which run about $60. These devices give you another display without tricking your computer, but do not offer the same level of graphics performance that the Matrox does. These are great for looking at big spreadsheets/documents, but not great for movies or games.
- Answered by John G from Madison
Hello, John G from Madison. I really don't think it "tricks" anything to think two displays are one. That would mean mirroring. It really does provide extended desktop–– or it would be worthless.
- Answered by Jim M from Sacramento