Does Apple TV "boost" an existing wifi signal? We are in RV parks with poor wifi, will this capture more signal or do I need a Wifi booster as well?
- Asked by Eric F from Evanston
5 Answers from the Community
The Apple TV is a client that receives a WiFi signal. It does not boost your signal.
- Answered by Andre H from Kanata
- May 20, 2014
The one idea I have that would work in this signal issue is a "Hot spot" by Verizon but to stream would be expensive. the hot spot is a mobile hot spot (WiFi) and you own it...
- Answered by Brian H from Lebanon
- Sep 8, 2014
You need a booster if the connection’s bad. It will not re-broadcast wifi signals, you may be thinking of the airport express, which has a similar shape and size but is white.
- Answered by Daniel D from Portland
- Oct 5, 2014
Nope afraid not.
- Answered by Ross N from Sittingbourne
- Nov 8, 2014
How far from the Apple TV device can I be with my ipad.....my chair is about 12 feet from TV where it would connect.
- Answered by Carol M from Port Coquitlam
- May 21, 2014