Switch carriers

I'm up for eligibility for new hone with AT&T and I'm ready to switch to Verizon, but I wanna keep my same number, is this an easy process? Can I get help at apple store

2 Answers from the Community

  • Best Answer:

    Hi there,

    This is pretty simple to do.

    First you need to call up AT&T and ask them for a PAC-Code, you use it to keep the same number. They should give it to you. PAC-Codes are usually valid for 30 days, Make sure you get a pen and paper and right it all down. After you have the code get a phone package of your choice from Verzion. Then once you have your new sim, Ring up verzion and say you have a Pac Code and want them to change your number to your old one.

    Then it should be all done.

    Hope this helps.



    • Answered by Samuel C from Poole
    • Oct 15, 2012
  • In simple terms:
    • Firstly, make sure you have a Verizon pay monthly "nano sim". Usually it's easiest to just phone them and ask for one to be posted to you (normally a couple of days to receive), when you sign-up for the new contract with them.
    • Secondly, phone AT&T to get your PAC (Port Authorisation Code) code, *BEFORE* your AT&T contract ends or you close it (the number has to be active to be switched).
    • Thirdly, on the same day, phone Verizon and give them the PAC code.
    • Fourthly, install the new Verizon nano sim in the phone anytime the next day.

    Normally the number will switch over carrier sometime the next working day.

    Additional note: Make sure you phone AT&T when you are near the end of your contract, as carriers won't hand-out PAC codes for contracts that still have more than a month or so left to run.

    • Answered by James S
    • Oct 16, 2012