What is the dpi of the thunderbolt display? Is it equlivient to a HiDef monitor/display? Those are usually labeled in dpi.
- Asked by J T from Alum Bank
Apple Thunderbolt Display (27" flat panel)
Product No Longer Available
1 Answer from the Community
The 27in thunderbolt display has a 16:9 aspect ratio, so the screen is approx. 23.5x13.2in in size. With a resolution of has a resolution of 2560x1440, this adds up to about 109ppi (pixel-per-inch).
- the 27" iMac with 5K retina screen is 218ppi
- the 15.4" Macbook Pro with retina is 221ppi
- the standard 15.4 Macbook pro is 110ppi
Keep in mind though that the perceived definition of a screen depends on the viewing distance, so you want to consider that in your comparison as well.
- Answered by Alex B from Kirkland