Questions & Answers: Search Results
Similar questions from the community
Does apple make an adapter that goes from Mini DP to HDMI and does the Mini DP carry sound or only video?
I have a MacBook Pro running OS 10.6.2 (Snow Leopard) and would like to use my Samsung LCD Series 5 TV as a display to show Powerpoints and play games. I also want the 1-cable solution so that I don't have to run 3.5mm cable to my TV for the sound. Since HDMI caries sound signals, I would like to know the answer to my question.
- Asked by Juventino G from San Diego
- Dec 2, 2009
- Flag as inappropriate (Does apple make an adapter that goes from Mini DP to HDMI and does the Mini DP carry sound or only video?)
Does this adapter carry analog signals, converts it, or uses apple trickery?
This is really bugging me. I want to hook my unibody mbp up to my tv via composite cable. Composite is roughly the analog components of VGA. VGA is analog, correct? but the pin-out on the mini display port does not specify a dedicated analog path. but it does have vague reverences to non-video data lines (pin 2 and 4)
I have tried mini DP ->DVI-I adapter, to a DVI-I -> component cable with no success. (implying no analog present at all)
so, how is analog getting out of the port for VGA? is there a feedback resistor inside the adapter which is communicating with the video card to specify digital for the DVI-d adapter, and analog for the VGA adapter? what this all is implying to me is you only get analog out of the graphics card with a VGA adapter and only digital with the DVI-d.
- Asked by Tucker P from Loveland
- Oct 15, 2009
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this adapter carry analog signals, converts it, or uses apple trickery?)
Mini Display Port to S-Video or Component Video adapter for new MacMini?
My TV has 3 HDMI ports: 2 on the back and one on the front. Cable and Blueray are plugged in the back. I have a new Mac mini hooked up to the front HDMI port but it does not look tidy. Is there a cable that I can connect the new Mac mini to the rear component or S-Video ports on the back of my TV?
- Asked by Declan M from Lakeland
- Jul 15, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Mini Display Port to S-Video or Component Video adapter for new MacMini?)
I have a 2009 white macbook.
I'm not sure if I have a Mini DP or not. Is this the cable I need to hook it up to a LCD tv with a VGA port? I cant find out if the spot on my computer is the Mini DP or if its something else. it has a box with two lines on either side of it |[ ]| kind of like that.
- Asked by Matt M from Perrysburg
- Dec 7, 2009
- Flag as inappropriate (I have a 2009 white macbook.)
Will a Mini DisplayPort Male to HDMI Female Video Adapter Converter work with a 2015 iMac?
Mini DisplayPort Male to HDMI Female Video Adapter Converter
- Asked by Cindy B from Reno
- Dec 9, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Will a Mini DisplayPort Male to HDMI Female Video Adapter Converter work with a 2015 iMac?)
will the Mini Display Port Thunderbolt to DVI VGA HDMI Adapter cable help me get sound and visuals from the tv (not my macbook 2011)
i had a mini displayport to hdmi before and i could see everything but i had to connect my laptop to some speakers to get some sound other than from my laptop, will this help me get what i want?
- Asked by Kaye A from Sydney
- Nov 3, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (will the Mini Display Port Thunderbolt to DVI VGA HDMI Adapter cable help me get sound and visuals from the tv (not my macbook 2011))
The HDMI to DVI Video Cable combined with the Mini DisplayPort to DVI Adapter are not long enough to reach from the TV to the Mac. Are there options?
Should this cable be used if you connect a VGA monitor to the Apple Mac mini MB463LL Mini DisplayPort?
Mini DisplayPort to VGA Adapter
WIll this work if I plug an HDMI cable in?
I want to plug my hdmi cable into the vga side of the mini displayport adapter. WIll it work if I plug my hdmi into the vga end?
- Asked by Keegan S from Las Vegas
- Dec 1, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (WIll this work if I plug an HDMI cable in?)
I want to connect my MacBook Pro (Brand New) to my Receiver through hdmi to receive audio & video signals at same time 1 cord and get audio/video ??
I have a home surround receiver that up converts video ( 3 hdmi ins 1 out to tv). So i send the cable ( from wall ) service signal first to it then to tv. I want to send the MacBook Pro ( 13" & 15" brand new 2011) audio & video from mini dvi to receiver using just 1 one cable from laptop. Not using the earphone jack so i can get true surround sound from laptop and video signals. I have seen 1 on Newegg site do you have compatible cable/adaptor??
Can I setup a 3 monitor system with the 27" imac?
Looking to see if I can use the mini dp to vga adaptor and either the Matrox dualhead2go or triplehead2go hardware to create a 3 monitor environment. Will this work with the 27" imac?
- Asked by Scott G
- Jan 28, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I setup a 3 monitor system with the 27" imac?)
What adaptor do I need to connect my Macbook Mini Display Port to my LCD that has VGA(HD-15) and HDMI ports?
Do I need the dual port for audio and video? What is thunderbolt?
- Asked by Derek H from San Francisco
- May 21, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (What adaptor do I need to connect my Macbook Mini Display Port to my LCD that has VGA(HD-15) and HDMI ports?)
Is there any conector from Mini DisplayPort to Video??
I need to project from my 13" MacbookPro to S Video
- Asked by Jorge M
- May 12, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Is there any conector from Mini DisplayPort to Video??)
connect mac mini to a projector
I have a HDMI to DVI female cable which I received with the Mac mini. How can I get a DVI male to VGA Cable?
- Asked by Cevaan D
- Feb 19, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (connect mac mini to a projector)
- Asked about: Lightning to 30-pin Adapter
No answers yet
Connect using Composite (RCA) and/or S-Video
My old MacBook I had a Apple Mini-DVI to Video Adapter, it was the most handy thing ever. I travel a lot and connect to many different TVs, Composite cable is the most common and easy to use. Especially when TVs are bridged together. But I can't find anything like that for the MacBook "Pro"? What can I do? I really need Composite video capabilities.
- Asked by Matthew M from Toronto
- Jul 31, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Connect using Composite (RCA) and/or S-Video)
No answers yet
How do I connect my early 2009 iMac with mini display port to an analog television with s-video and rca inputs?
I assume I use the mini display port to VGA adapter, but I am not sure how to proceed from there.
- Asked by Lloyd H from Eugene
- Dec 13, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (How do I connect my early 2009 iMac with mini display port to an analog television with s-video and rca inputs?)
What adapter do I need to run my hp w2207h 22" monitor using my Macbook pro? I have read DVI to DVI then from that to another adapter DVI To VGA.
It should be as easy as using the Mini with the VGA adapter but I have read it does not work. The monitor has a HDMI port, is there an adapter that can be used from the HDMI to the MacBook Pro?
- Asked by Jodilynn F from Calgary
- Mar 29, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (What adapter do I need to run my hp w2207h 22" monitor using my Macbook pro? I have read DVI to DVI then from that to another adapter DVI To VGA.)
How do I get sound output from the TV (and not the laptop) when I connect my MacBook Air to a TV using Mini Display Port to VGA Adapter?
When I connect my late 2010 13" MacBook Air using the Mini Display Port to VGA Adapter to my Samsung 19" TV or to my View Sonic monitor the display is just fine but the sound keeps coming out of the laptop and not the TV. I have tried the sound settings in System Preferences but the Output menu doesn't show any device attached, just the internal speakers.
Can I use the Mini DisplayPort to VGA Adapter with a KVM switch and a 27" iMac?
I want to run the video for the iMac and a PC to the iMac monitor. I use a KVM switch today to switch between work and home PCs (to share one monitor).
- Asked by Paul S from Springfield
- Dec 1, 2009
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use the Mini DisplayPort to VGA Adapter with a KVM switch and a 27" iMac?)