Similar questions from the community
Does this Airport Express work with OS X 10.4.11?
- Asked by Suzanne D from San Diego
- Feb 16, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this Airport Express work with OS X 10.4.11?)
Airplay compatibility with G4 Macs
My WiFi soundsystem has an Airport Extreme base station and an Airport Express node connected to a Bose sound system. I have a Macbook Pro (2014) and an iMac G4 (the "jetsons" with Mac OS 10.4.11) that is hardwired (LAN ethernet) to the base station. Sound system has worked for @ 10 years until I replaced the worn-out Express with a new one last year. The G4 now appears not to have Airplay capability anymore (I can't find it on Airport Utility) and the G4's ITunes (version 9) will not show multiple speaker options.
Can I restore this G4 back to the Airplay WiFi network?
- Asked by Calhoun B from Mebane
- Jul 15, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Airplay compatibility with G4 Macs)
No answers yet
Is AirPort Express model A1084, (with retractable plug prongs, and an ethernet, USB, and a cable port, compatible with the Mac OS X Mountain Lion 10.8
my new iMac OSX 10.8.2 recognizes no airport devices, which only blink yellow. The network that my old iMac OSX 10.4 recognized, did not transfer to the new device at the time of purchase, and I cannot seem to establish a new network to stream music to my stereo. The airport express devices are about 2006 vintage.
- Asked by Stephen S from Portland
- Dec 9, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Is AirPort Express model A1084, (with retractable plug prongs, and an ethernet, USB, and a cable port, compatible with the Mac OS X Mountain Lion 10.8)
Can the USB port be used for an older iMac computer running 10.4.11 and wifi be used for a laptop running the current OSX?
- Asked by Paul M from San Carlos
- Jul 20, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Can the USB port be used for an older iMac computer running 10.4.11 and wifi be used for a laptop running the current OSX?)
can a 3 year old MacBookAir work faster with new airport extreme?
- Asked by Douglas S from Prescott Valley
- Feb 24, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (can a 3 year old MacBookAir work faster with new airport extreme?)
Will Airport Express Base station substitute for my removed Airport card?
If I buy the Airport Express Base station will it replace the airport card which was removed from my Imac as it was causing problem and let me use the Wifi. At the moment I am using a wired connection to me modem.
I am running OS 10.6.
Model Name: iMac
Model Identifier: iMac4,1
Processor Name: Intel Core Duo
Processor Speed: 2 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 2 MB
Memory: 2 GB
Bus Speed: 667 MHz
Boot ROM Version: IM41.0055.B08
SMC Version (system): 1.1f5
Serial Number (system): CK62106MU2S
Hardware UUID: 00000000-0000-1000-8000-0016CB861618
- Asked by Paul R
- Jun 12, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Will Airport Express Base station substitute for my removed Airport card?)
I already have a non-apple router. Is there anyway to use an airport express for AirPlay without replacing my router with an AirPort Extreme?
I can't replace my router with an airport express as my modem is not near the speakers.
Is the current AirPort Express compatible with the Mac OS X Mountain Lion?
- Asked by Austin T from Sapulpa
- Aug 23, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Is the current AirPort Express compatible with the Mac OS X Mountain Lion?)
using Xbox 360 and iMac
is this the proper device for the following network:
>one Mac (late-model 27" iMac) in the room with the AirPort Express
>one Xbox 360 in a different room
>connection to cable internet via a standard router (furnished by cable provider, working as a wired setup for the iMac now )
and a follow-up question:
Is there any chance this wireless net will interfere with any wireless connections in the house, such as the Mac keyboard or mouse, the Xbox controller or a wireless home phone? I assume the frequencies are very different.
- Asked by Wayne S from Sun City
- Feb 13, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (using Xbox 360 and iMac)
can we use airport extreme used as repeater router
I am having a service provider wifi router as base station and recently purchased airport extreme.Is it possible to use it as repeater router to expand range of wifi network
- Asked by Milind S
- May 30, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (can we use airport extreme used as repeater router)
Can I travel abroad with Airport Express and connect with existing non-Apple wireless wifi routers (other than using AirPort Extreme) ?
Is Airport Express what I need to make my iMac 11.2 wireless (currently DSL) and also use an iPad? or do I need an Airport Extreme ?
- Asked by Jane K from Atchison
- May 6, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Is Airport Express what I need to make my iMac 11.2 wireless (currently DSL) and also use an iPad? or do I need an Airport Extreme ?)
How do I hook up my apple airport?
I bought a 5000imac set up including an airport but have not set it up and am paying my internet company for service s that my air port would cover. Please help me I believe I can lower my monthly internet bill by 25 if I get this set up
- Asked by Molly H from Falconer
- Jun 14, 2017
- Flag as inappropriate (How do I hook up my apple airport?)
No answers yet
Is the Airport Express compatible with a Technicolor TG 582n router? How would it be connected, ethernet cable or the Technicolor wireless?
I need it principally to support a USB printer, to serve a network composed of an iMac, on Mavericks, and Windows 7 laptops
Can I use the AirPort Express with Mac OS X Server's RADIUS server?
I have installed Mac OS X Server on my MacBook Air and would like to create a Wi-Fi network that asks for a username and password with the RADIUS server. Can I use the AirPort Express or do I have to buy the AirPort Extreme?
- Asked by Samuel E
- Jan 25, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use the AirPort Express with Mac OS X Server's RADIUS server?)
Can I receive an Internet connection from the Ethernet ports of an AirPort Express if the Express is extending an Extreme's WiFi signal wirelessly?
AirPort Extreme (WiFi) --> AirPort Express (repeater mode) --> ethernet cable (WAN/LAN)--> iMac
- Asked by Gladstone P from Phoenixville
- Mar 13, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I receive an Internet connection from the Ethernet ports of an AirPort Express if the Express is extending an Extreme's WiFi signal wirelessly?)
Airport express or apple tv
The apple Tv and Airport express are the same price but the Apple Tv does more.
Should i buy an Apple tv to stream my music to my stereo in the other room ?
Or should i buy a Airport express ?
Does the Airport express have more faetures that the Apple TV doesn't have ?
I currently have
I just want to be ablle to stream music tto the stereo's i have through my Two storry house
I just purchaced the Airport Express but i'm now thinking i should of bought another Apple TV ?
- Asked by David C from Kingsley
- May 5, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Airport express or apple tv)